The alumni association provides career-development resources and networking opportunities for its members. When you graduate from Georgia State, you become one of more than 190,000 alumni making a footprint worldwide. The support of members allows us to connect Panthers with each other, with the university, and with GSU businesses and enterprises. Join the Alumni Association to do your part to make the Georgia State network stronger.
Your Membership Makes GSU Stronger. Join Today!
By becoming a member of the Alumni Association, you make Georgia State University stronger and enhance the value of your degree. Now count the ways!
1. Student Scholarships and Recruitment - Alumni Association members from across the country and around the world generously contribute to the Alumni Association Scholarship Endowment Program. Each year more than $300,000 is given back to the university in the form of scholarships and gifts. These scholarships ensure that GSU can continue to attract bright students in a competitive higher education market.
2. Annual Distinguished Alumni Awards
- Every year the Alumni Association recognizes and awards alums who have excelled in their profession as well as made outstanding contributions to GSU and the community. The awards are given at the annual Distinguished Alumni Awards dinner.
3. Special Interest Alumni Networks - Alumni networks continue what you begin at Georgia State: cultivating friendships; enhancing professional and social networks; promoting lifelong learning and career development; and promoting Panther Pride.
4. Alumni Association Sponsored Events - The Alumni Association sponsors many events and programs throughout the year. These include social, networking and regional events as well as a variety of seminars and workshops. All events are designed to foster lifelong learning and interactive engagement.
5. Student Alumni Association - In preparation for life after graduation, this student run organization teaches leadership by supporting alumni events, creating new campus traditions and keeping old traditions alive. SAA members begin building a lifelong connection to their Alma mater.
6. National Rankings - An active Alumni Association membership base is key to Georgia State's national ranking among its peer institutions.
7. Global Recognition - We have over 185,000 alumni worldwide. By being a member and promoting your pride in your Alma mater by displaying Georgia State apparel, decals and memorabilia, you are telling the world you are a Proud Panther!