Become a Leader of Georgia State's
Largest Student Member Organization!
Join the SAA Board of Directors Today!
The Student Alumni Association Board of Directors (SAA-BoD) was established February 1, 2011 to promote strong student and alumni relationships through service to the university. We work closely with and directly under the GSU Alumni Association to help facilitate the transition from student to alumni while helping students to build a lifelong bond to Georgia State University. The Student Alumni Association Board of Directors hold a great sense of pride and tradition in the University and with the affiliation of the Alumni Association, are able to promote this through a variety of activities and programs.
Do you love Georgia State? Do you like planning events? Do you like volunteering and community service? Are you interested in leading Georgia State's largest organization, building lifelong friendships, and do it all while having fun? Then apply to serve on the SAA Board of Directors TODAY!
What are the requirements to be in the Student Alumni Association Board of Directors (SAA-BoD)?
- In order to be considered an active member in good standing within SAA-BoD, students shall be required to adhere to the mandatory required events detailed by the Board of Director attendance requirement & points system.
- Students must have at least one semester of college credit completed, and have a graduation date of Fall 2017 or later.
- Students are required to have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better to be a part of the SAA-BOD
- Students must complete an application and submit one letter of recommendation, preferably from a GSU faculty, staff, Alumni, or Student Alumni Association Board of Directors member, but is not required to be from one of these constituents.
- Each accepted applicant will move on to interview with the SAA executive board & the staff adviser. If you're application is selected for an interview. 1st round interviews will take place during the first week of October.
- If selected, members must be available to attend new member training. Date: TBA, attend monthly board meetings held on Thursdays at 7pm, and be able to commit at least 3-4 hours a week to the organization, as consistent involvement is required from all members of the Board of Directors.
Ready to Become a Member of the SAA Board of Directors?
Click Here to Submit Your Application Online
Deadline to apply is Friday, September 30, 2016 by 5:15pm
Recommendation letters can be submitted it in person to the GSU Alumni Canter- 60 Piedmont Ave NE. Or you can have the person writing your letter to email it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.